Sunday, March 25, 2012

OWOP

I know what you're thinking. What is this OWOP thing? The new Hansen song, perhaps? No, it's Tilly's One Week, One Pattern challenge. The idea is to wear different versions of the same pattern every day for a week. I chose vintage Butterick 9405, aka the best three bucks I ever spent.



The envelope may not look like much but view D is my perfect blouse. I mean, it has a peter pan collar.

OWOP Day one


My latest version is made from some quilting cotton that was on the sale table at Spotlight for $4/m. It has little nests and birds on it. I used some buttons from an op shop.

Butterick 9405 detail


For day one of OWOP I wore it with a self-drafted skirt (and by self-drafted I mean, I took a rectangle, pleated it and added a waistband), vintage bakelite bangles and saddle shoes and some random tights.

16 comments:

  1. That fabric is amazing, it's perfection. Love that blouse and liking how easy you make the creation of that skirt seem! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You should've seen how fast I snatched it up from the sale table when I saw it. Thanks. The skirt really is that easy.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love it. I've never made a blouse, or a top at all. I intend to try making some thing other than dresses this year, woman can not live on frocks alone lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hardly ever used to make blouses either but then I realised that I needed some to go with my skirts.

      Delete
  3. What a find for three bucks! I look forward to seeing your different versions. The eggs in the nests are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I couldn't believe it was so cheap. Yeah they are, I love bird related stuff.

      Delete
  4. YAY! I absolutely ADORE this fabric...what a great choice for the peter pan collar blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little blouse is awesome! I adore the fabric, only you can come up with such fantastic prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. What can I say, I'm just obsessed with any and all prints.

      Delete
  6. Very cool blouse! Love the print and the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An incredible outfit! Awesome fabric, button, tights... everything. You rock x

    ReplyDelete