Monday, March 26, 2012

OWOP Day Two: Bike shorts

OWOP Day Two


No, not those kind of bike shorts. I made another pair of shorts from McCalls 5458. They're so good for biking in since I'm paranoid about getting my dresses caught in the back wheel.


Fabric close-up


For day two of OWOP I wore my shorts with another version of Butterick 9405. I haven't shown you this one either even though I finished it ages ago. It's made from some linen/cotton blend London themed fabric. I didn't actually like London much when I went as a kid. The sheer number of people was slightly terrifying for a seven year old from New Zealand.

Buttons


The buttons on my shorts are from Madelaine of Look, Make, See, Do. I bought a couple of patterns from her etsy shop a while ago and she very sweetly sent me some notions as well including these vintage buttons still on their card. They are perfect because red is my favourite colour and, for some reason, red buttons are hard to find here.

17 comments:

  1. The shorts are fabulous and perfect for biking!!!
    Yes red buttons are very hard to find. They were always the colour I was asked for in the shop.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's strange that they're so hard to find. I have a wee stash of them now though so I will have to ration them.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that outfit is amazing! Also I need to have your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I was just thinking the same thing about your amazing ship fabric.

      Delete
  3. Love everything you're wearing! Those shorts are fantastic, the buttons are gorgeous. Love that kitschy London fabric, people are going mad this year for anything British what with the Olympics and the jubilee, just as well you're not coming to London or that pretty blouse would be ripped off your back in envy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same, it reminded me of those vintage travel themed prints. I forgot about the Olympics. I'll have to wear my blouse in celebration of the Queen and the Olympics. Hopefully no one here will try and steal it.

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit! Perfect for bike riding for sure.

    I'll keep a look out for more red buttons, as they are strangely plentiful here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Trust Canada to have all the red buttons. It further confirms my belief that it's an awesome country.

      Delete
  5. You made those shorts? Ok, I seriously need to get my sew-jo on, you're really putting me to shame. Fabulous ensemble. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Maybe Spring will help you get your sew-jo on. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. OMG that fabric is awesome! The people in London freaked me out when I went and I was 22 at the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was from Spotlight. That makes me feel better. I would probably still be freaked out by the people if I went again now too.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE that look on you. You make everything look so groovy!!!! (now I'm showing my age) Love the blouse you made last post as well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all! The print, the shorts, the buttons that contrast the shorts but match the top...it's just a great look overall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really like shorts, but I frickin' love these shorts! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete