I started this dress months ago when it was still wintery but then I got bogged down with essays and assignments. I've finally finished it but it's decidedly springy now and I probably won't get to wear it much until autumn.
The pattern was from Two Squirrels Vintage. It's Butterick 9305 which, according to the Vintage Patterns Wiki, is from 1960. Interestingly, the image they have has different colours than my pattern envelope does. I've found that with quite a few of my vintage patterns. Maybe they printed them in different colours for New Zealand?
The fabric is a really fine wool that I got from Trademe. I underlined it with some black cotton because it was too thin. Seriously, though, I hate having to cut out all the pieces twice, and then having to baste them together. It takes so long.
|Ugh, my fringe is all funny because it was so windy yesterday
I made view A. I changed all the pleats in the bodice and skirt to darts because it was way too gape-y. I also put buttons all down the front because I couldn't see the point in sewing the bottom of the skirt shut and only having four buttons. I had to cut about 20cm off the hem because this pattern was obviously made for tall(er) people.
|Yeah, I'm wearing the hat backwards because I like it better that way
I was a bit worried that the massive collar would be overwhelming but I love it, especially from the back.
Dress: I made it
Shoes: Golden Ponies
Hat: Op shopped
Belt: Op shopped
Bakelite Bangles: Etsy
Pear Brooch: Trademe