Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Purple haze all in my brain

It's finally getting cool enough to start breaking out my coat collection. This is one of my favourites. It's a crimplene dream with purple and white stripes. I'm pretty sure it's 60s. It has a Mod sort of feel to it. I found it in a tiny op-shop on the West Coast for $5. I bought the purple tights last week so decided to channel my inner Violet Beauregarde today.

60s Purple Coat


I've been so busy at uni I haven't had much time to do any sewing lately but hopefully I'll be able to show you something by the end of the week.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh wow, it's gorgeous! I love the red accents too.

    Are you going to that market at uni tomorrow? I know I shouldn't, but I can't resist some tangible vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The red is actually from the cardigan I was wearing underneath it.
    I'm so tempted but I shouldn't. I have an essay that I basically haven't started and I have no money at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FECK I love that coat!!Jealous!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a find! Gorgeous coat, and I love the way you've styled it.

    ReplyDelete