Saturday, May 7, 2011

Miss Mod

Simplicity 1411 Jacket


I finally finished my Summer Coat. Only problem is that it's now too cold to wear it. I guess I will have to wait for Spring.

I tried some of the suggestions you guys left me about how to get the dye stains out and they worked. Thanks so much to everyone who left comments. If it hadn't been for you, this would still be sitting in the unfinished pile in my sewing room.

The pattern is one I've made before, Simplicity 1411. It's actually a 50s pattern but I think it looks more Mod than New Look.

Simplicity 1411


I think I need to put a little snap just behind the last button to keep it from gaping open.

Mod Style

This is my ridiculous 60s model pose. Can you tell I'm trying not to laugh?


Simplicity 1411 Lining


The lining is tiny pink and white stripes because I sure do love pretty linings (and it was only $1 a metre).

Lining Fabric



Simplicity 1411 Back


The collar does sit properly at the back. I just forgot to check it before I took the photo.

I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I love it. Now, if only we had some fine weather so I could wear it.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great! I love polka dots and aqua blue. It would be warm enough here to wear it, ha ha. I love your skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! I love it! It looks so pretty with the pink dress underneath :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so freaking adorable! I love the colour and the polka dots. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful, looking out for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO CUTE! I love the print. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love this coat! It turned out so beautiful! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad the stains came out! Your coat is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, I love it! I'm happy you managed to salvage it because this coat is a beauty, the fit is great, the design is adorable, the fabrics are lovely... Success :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that you could rescue your coat! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your outfit is adorable and I can't believe you made that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in LOVE with that coat! So cute! I stumbled on you through Evil Dressmaker and I'm pretty sure your blog is my new obsession! Simply lovely!

    Jillian
    Plymouth, Ma, USA

    ReplyDelete