Sunday, April 4, 2010
Recently one of my favourite skirts (seen here) has started falling apart. Since I bought it second hand I couldn't go and buy another so I set out to sew one similar. The original skirt was made up of 10 gores so I made a pattern using its measurements.
Using some grey suiting type fabric I had in my stash, I sewed the gores together and added a zip and a waistband. This is my test version/wearable muslin. The hem sits slightly strangely which I think is due to the type of fabric I used.
For the real one I'm hoping to find some pink fabric in a similar colour to the original skirt. I think I will also try and find something a bit lighter weight than the fabric I used for this version so it sits better.