Thursday, February 25, 2010
Butterick 5032 (another Stash Buster)
This is the first vintage re-issue pattern that I have ever sewn. I think the re-issue patterns have been graded up for modern sizing. Based on my measurements, my hips, bust and waist were three different sizes (8, 10 and 12) so I cut a size 12 to be on the safe side.
This fabric has been sittting in my stash for over a year because I wasn't sure what to use it for. I bought 2 metres so this was the only pattern I have that would fit the fabric. It was relatively simple to put together. I changed the position of the front darts and the length of the skirt. I also added a bow to the front because it was a bit plain for my taste.
(Please excuse the wrinkles, I wore it to uni today).