I've joined Stephanie's June Challenge. The goal is to sew four summer dresses during the month of June. Being in the Southern Hemisphere, where we are well on our way to colder weather, I've changed it slightly to sewing four winter dresses. I'm hoping that having a deadline will be the kick up the backside I need to actually use the patterns I've bought and some of the fabric from my ever growing stash. I am usually good with deadlines (by this I mean I leave everything until the last second and then scramble to finish it on time, but I always manange to finish). I have a fair idea of what I want to make but will probably change my mind halfway through.
I've had this pattern and two different fabrics to use for ages but I haven't worked up the courage to try it yet. The first fabric is a heavy cotton knit with one way stretch. I haven't really sewn any knits before so I'm approaching this with a feeling of trepidation.
The blue is a merino wool knit that is really stretchy, which could be a problem.
I would love to sew Butterick 8459 (on the right) in a bright red. With some of the main fabric stores in the city having been destroyed/damaged by the earthquake my fabric choices might be pretty limited, so I may not be able to find the fabric I want. I've made the full skirted version of Butterick 8459 twice before so this time I want to make the slim skirt and use some thicker wintery fabric.
I bought the pattern on the left recently because I am obsessed with peplums (if you click to make it bigger you can see the peplum more clearly). I would quite like to make it in a solid colour, maybe a navy blue or grey.