Tuesday, February 9, 2010
In which I make things complicated for myself
I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I was in the middle of sewing something complicated. I finally finished it. Butterick 8459 itself is probably not that difficult but the one I have is missing the instructions and the pattern piece for the collar has half of it ripped off. This meant I had to re-draft the collar piece before even beginning. I am usually terrible at following instructions but the diagrams are always handy. It took me awhile to figure everything out but I got there in the end.
For my version I used the bodice of View A and the skirt of View B because I wanted sleeves. I also cheated a bit. The buttons on the front are purely decorative. The bodice closes with four snaps.
I'm pretty pleased with the result, although I don't really like the drape of the fabric.
(Please excuse the wonky seams on my stockings).