Saturday, March 6, 2010
Polka dots and a Confession
I liked how easy Butterick 9826 was to put together so I made another version using some vintage fabric I had in my stash. I left out the sash again because it uses up a ridiculous amount of fabric. I'm not entirely conviced I like the sleeves in this pattern. They are cut as one with the bodice piece (I'm not sure what this type of sleeve is called). They are alright but I think I prefer the look of set-in sleeves.
Confession: Yesterday I bought some fabric even though I'm meant to be Stash Bustin'. I went to the fabric shop to get a covered button kit and came out with three metres of purple and white striped poplin. It was on sale and my self-control is limited when it comes to getting things cheaply. I don't feel too guilty about it though because the last four dresses I've sewn have been using stash fabric.