Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rise up this mornin'

I was going to show you the dress I made that I posted a peek of in my last post but then I got a cold and the weather got cold. I'm currently in my pajamas dosed up on codral so I don't much feel like putting on a dress and taking pictures. Instead this is something I wore to work last week when I was feeling fine and the weather was still sunny.  


This vintage dress isn't my usual style but there's something about it I really like. The stripes in the fabric look almost like ribbons. I got it off trademe and someone had taken the hem down leaving a raw edge. The crease line was still there so I hand stitched it back in place while I watched an episode of Justified. Easy as!  


 Dress: Trademe
Shoes: Golden Ponies


14 comments:

  1. Ah I love that dress! I saw it on Trade Me too - I managed to buy four dresses off that seller, whoops. All her stuff was so good. It looks perfect on you, and I love the closeup of the print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I love it too. Hope you get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is fabulous - you look amazing. Get better soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress, it makes you wait look tiny and adds about 6 inches to your height! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is stunning, love those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this dress! The ribbon-y stripes, the colours, the oh-so-flattering shape, I'd wear it in a heartbeat!
    Hope you're feeling better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a rather awesome frock! Yes, it is different to your usual style, but you are totally working it!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress, it's really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is super amazing!! You look gorgeous in it...very cool!! I love it!! You always find cool stuff :D I hope you feel much better soon :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely! I think you would look great in some of our vintage dresses :)
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you get fabrics from in New Zealand? We're going to be over there for a few months for hubby's work. In Sydney I shop at The Remnant Warehouse and thank goodness they have affordable shipping to New Zealand so will probably continue to order from them, but would be nice to check out some local shops!

    ReplyDelete