Friday, January 20, 2012

Two Lovely Squirrels

Today, Mum and I went to Rangiora to the Two Squirrels pop-up vintage shop, the Nest. The Nest is closing in a couple of weeks and the squirrels are going to open an online shop. They have lots of amazing stuff and the squirrels, Vanessa and Warren, are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Vintage Dress from Two Squirrels

I bought this lovely shirtdress. The pattern is so pretty.

Sleeve detail vintage dress from Two Squirrels

I didn't notice until I got it home that it has an unusual triangle shaped armscye. You can see it in the photo above. I've never seen ones like it. One of the things I love about vintage is the cute details like that.

Vintage Seersucker from Two Squirrels

I also got this lovely seersucker which I plan to make into a playsuit, maybe like this gorgeous vintage one but I will probably make a two-piece. I got some buttons too but I didn't get a picture of them (oops).

15 comments:

  1. O,yay!!! Love the frock,such a sweetie!
    A playsuit?! Fun!
    I must see the Squirrels before they close the nest!Eeep!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so excited to wear it. Yes, I saw the fabric and immediately thought, I must make a playsuit with that.

      Delete
  2. THat dress is beautiful, so easy to wear and effortless in its swishness. Love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab frock. A wee bit jealous that you get a chance to visit the nest. I missed the re-opening on our trip to NZ last year & I'll not be back in time to visit this year. Just as well they're opening Online! Can't wait to see your seersucker creation! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Aw, that's such a shame you wont get to visit the nest. So many people are happy they're opening online though because then everyone can enjoy the fabulous goodies that the squirrels have.

      Delete
  4. I love that dress! The flowers are so delicate. I can't wait to see the playsuit you make. I am also very excited about the two squirrels online store. I have seen a few people blog about them, glad I will have a chance to get my hands on some of their vintage goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm a total sucker for floral prints. Yes, it's so good that they are opening online because they have amazing stuff and then everyone can find some treasures.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful dress! I'm so sad that I won't be down to check out their shop before it closes. I should have booked my holiday to Christchurch earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's a shame that you wont be able to visit the nest before it closes. I'm sure you would have loved it but at least they are going to open an online shop.

      Delete
  6. Oh sweet it was such a treat to have you and your mum at the nest!!! It was so nice talking to two very lovely ladies about all things vintage and pretty. The wee dress is a honey and I know it is happy to join your fabulous wardrobe.
    Thank you for the links and telling all the wonderful poppets about the nest.
    Sending a big squirrel hug Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a treat for us too. You are such a delight to chat to. Hopefully we'll be back again before you close. I love the dress so much and will treasure it. I hope you had a fabulous birthday.

      Delete
  7. Those sleeves are so interesting, I've got to find a pattern like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I've never seen sleeves like it. I wonder if they are shaped like that to make it easier to move your arms.

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for the online shop to open. I have heard such good things about two squirrels.

    ReplyDelete